Thursday, November 20, 2014

Papa

(For an amazing Father who's always been my strength... I Love You!)




Life is like a father,
Like mine’s like him too!
Someone who I could make prouder,
Yet he still fills my room with rue.

I am a son with a grey cape,
Yet I’d still put him to sleep in his drape.
He’s my superman and it’s on tape,
He’s strength when life’s a rape!

I wish I had lightning to bring more light,
Ah what the heck! I’ll still die to write him tides.
I am a son and I will for a father’s fight,
Ah the bird pecks! I am wingless without strides…

He’s my father and I am a son,
Nope! We are honest and we have no guns!
We've fought battles and seldom won,
But what the hell! we still share eggs with roasted buns…

He’s a smile I wear with hope,
Hope’s a word even when we got broke…
Yet the biggest gift is his strength to cope,
and yes he’s a friend I’d always like to poke!

Who needs a mother when he can fill the spot?
Who needs a lover when he’s life to tie a knot?
I’m sure as right and I mean post death still do us apart…
He’s a miracle to make my life even with it rots…

6 comments:

JERRY CHEN said...

Great man its beautiful .... Keep it up. tc

Rahul said...

Like I said,
love, well translated.

Unknown said...

Tat shows yr luv for dad... Keep it up bro...

Unknown said...

Really good and Superb Bro!

Unknown said...

Very well written Uday, brings out your feelings realistically, Keep it up!!!

The Winter Poet said...

Thanks all!