Tuesday, December 2, 2014

For None but You!

If roses can be tulips,
In your garden I’ll grow a tree.
If verses can rhyme with blue lips,
I’ll give you wings and set you free.

The sky is grey and so am I?
Feelings are just riddles and a madman’s lie.
The stars are dead and so am I?
On your wedding day I’ll gift myself a tie.

The bells are crying in disparity,
Alas! The isle is filled with spiders.
The ring is sold to love’s charity,
Doves now fly inside rotating gliders.

Your breath’s awful cold,
Its winter and you are an invisible bride.
If death could get us old,
Indeed I’ll wear a smile for your horrid pride.

Forget the hallway and the glitter,
Let’s just drown in this winter shiver.
If the wine gets frigid and bitter,
I’ll sell myself to buy you a new liver!

The ripple if I may sleep in,
You can waste yourself in gin.
If you was I and I was sin,
Whose life is sure to win?

Bleed not dear sky,
Why cry when you can sleep?
Fear not! O’ sorrow sky,
We’ll play a mime and my blood you can keep.

The pillow is speaking in whispers,
Why proclaim love when life’s just a river?
Breath is indeed a thorn of blisters,
Torn are dreams in this brittle winter sliver.

Till death will sure do no souls apart,
What’s in a poem and some broken heart?
What’s to end when there was never a start?
Why call it tragic when sadness is a word of art?

1 comment:

Maggie From Madras said...

Really enjoyed this one Uday :) Way to go!